Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Children in Primary

This past Sunday was our primary program in our ward. We are primary teachers for the 7-8 year olds and love our calling. Usually primary programs don't hit me much but this past Sunday something in the program was meant especially for me. I was thinking while singing the songs how lucky we are to have children in our lives. How they teach us that things really are simple and if we do the simple things first such as being kind, going to church, praying, loving one another as well as many other things we will be much happier in our lives. I know this because the kids in our primary class show me that it works. Each child in our program put in effort to memorizing their parts so they could look out at everyone in the chapel while they were telling them what they know about Choosing the Right. How cool is it that young children are willing to do something that initially seems so difficult for them. I can definately take what they have taught me and apply it in my life. When someone asks me to do something I dont need to think about how difficult it can and will be. I need to know with out a doubt in my mind that I can do it. With that faith I can and will succeed. There were several kids that offered to do vocal solos as well. How incredible is it that they are willing to stand in front of a lot of people and sing their little hearts out. I cannot wait to have a little child come into our lives to love and not only for me to teach them but more for them to teach me to become the best person I can be. Also, during the program I caught a glance at Shaileen watching her with the children is incredible to me and gives me assurance that she is going to be the best mother ever one day. You can see it in her eyes and actions that she is such a caring and loving person. These little moments that come from being in primary is why I love it so much. It seems that I learn so much more when I am in there because the simple truths can get to me easier and I obtain them better. We had a little meeting with the bishop on Sunday to discuss our adoption process and how things are going and he asked how the primary is. We told him that we absolutely love it and he better never take us out. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment