Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Week of fun during time of trial

Over this past week we tryed to stay as busy as we possibly could to keep out minds busy. I can certainly say that we did a dang good job at that.

We ran to Gordman's several times. We bought an awesome frame for our bedroom and Shaileen loved trying on new hats. I think her favorite thing was spraying me with the nastiest, grossest cologne on the face of the planet though.


We also spent time with friends. We have some of the greatest friends. One of the best times we had was spending all day and night it seemed with Brady and Lauren. We went swimming, ate dinner and played fake poker. 


We also spent tons of time with our families. I don't know what we would have done without them. They were and have been our legs that have stood us up throughout this difficult time. Some of our favorite times with them was just sitting and playing games. I was not planning on telling this story but I feel it is important. I am so thankful for divine guidance. On Thursday August 2nd Tristen and Nelson got sealed in the temple and we were invited. It was hard to go because Sawyer was in the hospital with J because she wanted a day alone. It was really nice seeing them sealed though and finishing their ordinances here on earth. About a month before Tristen handed me an invitation to ask my parents to come to their sealing. At first I thought it was a little weird because it was a completely different part of the family but when I handed it to my parents they said that they would go. After the sealing Shaileen's Dad asked them to come to dinner. That is what they thought was weird and on the drive over to the restraunt they about called us and said that they were not going to go but they had the thought that they needed to be there for us. I think it is absolutely incredible that the spirit can get to that many people without being interupted. We are so thankful that they were there because that is when we got the phone call from our caseworker giving us the bad news. I dont know what we would have done if they were not there. They helped us out so much during this time.


I also spend a lot of time with my siblings and my nieces and nephews. I just had to share this picture of Alex. He found a little figurine playing a trombone. I got him to pretend to play the trombone too...

We even spent time at my Grandma's house. She is one of my favorite people on this planet. She gave me one of the biggest hugs that meant the absolute most. We even helped her find this wasps nest. She gave me a call the other night and said that she found some more friends for me and wants me to come over and play some more. She meant more wasps... I love my Grandma.

We learned a new card game called Wizard. It is so nice sitting down with friends and family to have fun and just talk and have a great time.


Shaileen said it was about time I needed a hair cut.

We also went to the Dinosaur Museum. I won't lie, it was really hard for me because of all of the children that were around but we still had a great time because we were with FAMILY!
See you can tell we had a great time at the museum.

It had been a very long time since we went to the drive-in movies. It was so nice. We will have to go more often now.


There was a softball tournament this past weekend that I helped coach as well. It was fun to just get out. It was up in Kaysville too. The drive was nice to sit and talk to my love about life in general. I love the talks that we have. I could not ask for a better spouse to spend eternity with.


See the girls are the best.

We finally went grocery shopping too, or at least gatorade shopping.

1 comments:

  1. Love you both very much! One of my favorite quotes goes like this -
    "Sometimes the only way out is through "
    So take a deep breath and keep moving forward and know You are surrounded by people who love you. You can do hard things.

    ReplyDelete