Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Failed placement

I sit up in bed at 2:30 am on August 3, 2012! Both Shaileen and myself cannot sleep. We have just had the worst day of our lives. We received a call from our caseworker last night letting us know that J has decided to parent Sawyer. It was the worst news that we could have gotten. It is extremely hard to comprehend right now what has happened. Seeing Sawyer has made us the happiest people in the world and he is so perfect. I think that is what makes this so hard. It is because he is perfect. We would like to ask for prayers in ours, J's, and Sawyer's behalf. We still love J and cannot comprehend the things that have gone through her mind and heart. With going through this adoption process and infertility there have been several times we have been angry at our Father in Heaven. We now realize that we cannot be angry, we our strong people and will make it through anything. It will take a long time with lots more tears but with holding onto each other and propping each other up we WILL make it through this TOGETHER! Again, we would like to thank everyone's continued love and support. Thank you for all you do.

6 comments:

  1. I don't even know what to comment. The phrase "oh no, oh no, oh no..." keeps running through my mind since this is so much like what we recently went through (although you guys have known J much longer than we knew B and have been to doctors visits and everything). What an awful thing. I am SO sorry and if there is anything that I can do, please let me know. If you just need someone to vent to who has been there - literally at the birth and told that we had a son and named him and thought he was ours for a few days before the birthmom changed her mind - please email me. We've exchanged emails before (I think) but just in case, mine is amynash at gmail dot com. I'll be praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Ya! My prayers are with all involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- I really wish I didn't have to hear that. I am SO sorry for your loss. Having that happen is just devastating and not something you just get over or replaceable. I will pray that your arms will not be empty for long. Again, I am so heartbroken for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. Losing a child is a heartbreak and there is nothing that fills that hole. I have been there with inferility and it is tuff! But I learned and do know that God always has a plan and when the door closes in one place a window opens somewhere else. You are all in my prayers! Love you. Ann Bagley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss. I know there are no words of comfort that you haven't already heard so I just want you to know that my family and I are praying for you, J, and little Sawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so sorry. Sending prayers of comfort throught this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete