Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

WE HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!

This past week has been one of the most amazing weeks of our lives. As you may have heard we were chosen by one amazing lady to be parents. We were initially not looking forward to this weekend with it being Mothers Day and having a failed placement recently. It was such a special experience to spend Mothers Day with Shaileen and to be able to tell our family that they were going to have another/first BOY come into the family. I decided after we had contact with her that I wanted to write down my feelings and how the story really went. So here it goes. (I have changed her name to "J" just for her privacy)

"About 1 week ago we decided to put Shaileen's wedding dress up for sale on KSL.Com classifieds. It was not doing us any good sitting in a closet in our basement collecting dust. We didn't think we would get a call anytime soon because we listed it really high because we were not in a hurry. On Cinco de Mayo in 2012 we were getting all dressed up in our fancy clothes to go to one of my good friends sealing/marriage in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and my phone started ringing and it was a phone number that I was not familiar with. I answered and a female on the other end asked if this was Kurt. I said it was and then she asked how to pronounce Shaileen's name. I was sure she was going to ask for Shaileen to ask her about specifics about the wedding dress. The next thing that came out of her mouth really surprised me. She said,"I am 6 months pregnant with a little boy." I thought to myself for a moment what the heck that had to do with a wedding dress. She then went on to tell us that someone that she knew gave her our pass-a-long card. She has been looking at our profile and really likes us and wants to possibly meet us in the near future. We then talked for about 15-20 minutes about some specifics about adoption. It is incredible how much her mind was made up that she was going to place her boy for adoption because she knows that is what is going to best for him. We are so excited to meet her and talk to her again hopefully in the near future. After the call we rushed to the temple to make it to the sealing of my friend. It was a little more special than usual sitting in the temple because I was not only contemplating our friends ceremony but I was thinking of the joy we are going to have as a family when it comes time to be sealed to our child for all eternity. The rest of the day we were sitting on cloud 9 thinking, hoping, praying, and thanking our Heavenly Father for answering our many many prayers that we gave and other close family and friends as well. "

On Saturday afternoon we met with J. We were sooooo nervous/excited to meet her. We hit it off real fast and ended up talking for over 3 hours while we enjoyed some great food at Red Robin. We have such a respect for J and cant wait for our relationship to grow even more.

Today we are getting off work 2 hours early to go to the hospital with J. It is her 28 week checkup. We are so excited to hear his heartbeat and be there to experience that. I don't believe many adoptive parents get that opportunity and when she asked us if we would like to go with her we were first shocked, but then very excited and thankful.

As you know we will certainly keep you updated on the process of this adoption. We thank you all very much for your continued support. You have no idea what that means to us to know that people really care. 

Shaileen & Kurt

10 comments:

  1. I'm soooo happy for you guys!! I got a little teary eyed reading this, and just wanted to say congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is so exciting :) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This news makes me so happy for you both! How fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you J for spreading happiness in our family!!!!! Can I jump up and down in a public pharmacy????
    congratulations Kurt and Shae! Yahoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so excited to be grandparents again.grandchildren are the best. What a sacrifice J has made for you and our family. Our prayers have been answered what a miracle

      Delete
  5. I am so happy you long journey is finally coming to a happy end/beginning looks like you made it too Australia, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How neat! I love both of you. What a journey that awaits you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you! Will keep you both in our prayers as well
    as baby boy and J :)

    love you guys!

    ReplyDelete